Inevitably you will finish up your embroidery kit and find yourself with leftover embroidery floss. Sometimes it is just a little and other times it can almost be an entire skein. Instead of despairing over where to put your extra supplies, you can now rejoice because I'm sharing five ways you can use your extra thread.
- Make friendship bracelets. I did this all the time as a child even though I didn't have many friends to give them to. I was the one in class with an arm full of thread.
- Create a tiny quilt. It might not keep you warm in the winter but it will definitely be unique.
- Sew a family 'hand' portrait. This is also a great way to chart how fast your kids grow up.
- Weave. Did you know you can turn an embroidery hoop into a loom?
- Tassels! That's all I need to say, right?